Some of our 2019 Testimonials
Date: November 26, 2019
- Our week at camp was great! We arrived Saturday and were immediately greeted by the new owners Nigel and Jen. They made us feel right at home and even lets us pick our cabin. We were able to fish quite a bit throughout the weekend and were cut short by the rain a few times. We had the pleasure of going on a guided tour with Simon. It was an absolute blast and we had the best day of fishing we’ve ever experienced: 15 total!! That evening Simon also took us out for the “night bite” and we caught 31 walleye in just under an hour. – The Mudges
- Throughout our whole stay at Indian Point Camp, the New owners and family were always extremely kind and considerate to us, they accommodated all of our needs. We could not have asked for better people to run the camp, and we are forever grateful for their hospitality. Thank you for everything, see you soon!! – Eric, Kathy, Jordyn, and Haley
- Had a great time just hanging out on Wabigoon, we didn’t know it was such a great fishing location, and we will be coming back to take advantage of that next time. Thanks for everything – Ben, Katie, Allison and Mathew
- A relaxing week is what the doctor ordered, and that’s what we got. Fishing was great with some big Pike and plenty of small mouth bass. Jen and Nigel have provided a great family place to come fishing. Their kids are great and we look forward to seeing what improvement’s and changes they make in the years to come- Todd and Liz Prescott
- WOW!! What an amazing week. When my husband and I were looking for honeymoon spots we sure hit the jackpot. We had plenty of fun fishing and mingling with the other campers. We took every opportunity to enjoy ourselves on this trip. You wont regret choosing to spend your week at Indian Point Camp – Austin and Sam Sadler
- Your welcoming services and smiling faces made a wonderful trip even more awesome. You guys are doing an amazing job!! If I could I would just stay forever!! Thanks so much – Deb Coulis
- My wife and I won this trip through the local bass tournament I have to stay we had a wonderful relaxing stay, filled with tons of healthy walleye, pike and Musky. Thank you for sponsoring local events. We will be back – Jesse & Amy
- Jennalea and Nigel – Thank you very much for the wonderful week. The fishing was amazing! Both of you do a great job running the camp and we both wish you all the best- Michael Wicks & Mel McRae
- I Hunted whitetails here for the first time. The owners and staff were hard working and accommodating. Lots of good bucks in the area. If you’re looking for a new area to try in Ontario check it out. – Adam Lucas
- Our family has been visiting this camp for many years and have been through many different camp owners. Jen and Nigel had only recently taken over the camp when we visited in 2019, and we had already seen so much positive progress! Not only are they putting money into the camp where it is needed, but they are wonderful people. They were very attentive to our needs, and also very personable and fun. Our family had actually started to look for other camps for our annual fishing trip during the last set of owners, but we will definitely not be leaving now that Jen and Nigel have taken over. Can’t say enough good about them! – Michelle Pals
- We discovered this very private and well kept, quaint and very scenic gem of a place and it’s very caring, genuine and very professional owners this summer. We use the awesome boat launch facility (dock service gas up there too!!). They are always quick and available to open it whenever we need it, most often with little or no notice. They are very accommodating, super helpful and always very pleasant. We visit their nifty little store which includes not only bait but also specialty local foods/meats, clothing and fishing supplies. Purchased a Helix 7 through them …. it arrived in a couple days AND Nigel installed it too! (Went even farther, above and beyond, and gave us a much needed crash course in operating it too!) If you have any questions or need advice about the lake or boating, fishing or hunting … they don’t hesitate to help! Definitely Customer Service oriented, pleasant, always smiling, super knowledgeable, and importantly, totally willing to share that knowledge! – Holy D Cox
- I am a frequent traveler who works in the hospitality industry in Las Vegas. The owners Nigel and Jen were two of the nicest, most accommodating hosts you will find anywhere in the world. The cabins, camp, and boat docks were equally clean and convenient. The lake was incredible. We will be long time repeat guests. – Steve Lopez
- You will have a hard time finding nicer, more helpful and personally interested hosts than Jen & Nigel. They are new owners in early 2019, but seem like old pros. I did a Muzzleloader hunt via boat and they did all they could to get me on my desired deer. This hunt wasn’t their idea, but previous owner’s. They honored it, as I booked 2 years earlier. It was a lot of time and effort for them to accommodate me, one hunter, alone, for a week. The adventure exceeded my expectations. They did their part, I wasn’t able to connect. I picked a bad week with deer still very reclusive and uncooperative. But I will be back in 2021! Better week and no boat involved!- Ron William
- My family has been coming to Indian Point Camp on and off since the 1980’s. This year our party consisted of our 2 young daughters, my husband and myself (along with several members of my husband’s extended family in their own cabins). Fishing was pretty good this year, and the experience we had at the camp was the best ever! Jenna and Nigel have made several improvements already and we are excited to see what the future holds.
Our cabin was clean and in good order. Our dogs were welcomed as part of our family. Our daughters made fast friends with Ila and had a blast – how many 5 and 7 year old girls beg to come back on a fishing vacation? We are very much looking forward to our next IPC vacation!- Sarah Prescott
- My family and I have visited Indian Point Camp twice now since the new owners purchased the camp and both times were amazing! Nigel and Jen are always ready to drop what they are doing to make sure their guests have a great experience. All of the cabins are clean and fully equipped with everything you need to be comfortable with plenty of room for the family and many surprising conveniences like the camp store that has plenty of bait and gear as well as ice and a good variety of food and snacks and there is fuel on site. Great views of Wabigoon Lake and the property is kept immaculate. IPC offers an all around great experience, knowledgeable owners that walk the talk as well as a welcoming and relaxed atmosphere to fully enjoy all that the camp and surrounding area has to offer. This will be an annual trip our family will look forward to for years to come. – Kim Kavanaugh
- The energy and the enthusiasm to make your stay the “best ever” is second to none. Book here and you won’t be disappointed – Dennis Pals
- We have a great time with you guys can’t wait to get back up there and get Nigel in trouble 😁😁😁- Steve Behan
- A week of hunting, the owners are exceptional, welcoming and what to say of bruce he made us laugh
Cabin are clean
Jen the owner keep the fire going when we hunt
November 16 – 23 2019
Thank you so much – Sam and Sabrina
- I have been to IPC 12 times over the past 13 years and this year was our best experience. A new management has bought the camp and the transition has been smooth, efficient and professional. Whether you are a fisherman looking for Walleye, Northern Pike, Muskie, Smallmouth Bass, Perch or Crappie or if you are a der or Bear hunter you will be pleased with the experie3nce. Our group is only fisherman and lasts year and this year we hooked up with an outstanding guide in Simon Baker, Simon know2s Lake Wabigoon inside and out. He knows the habits of the fishery in all seasons and despite the mid July heat took us to some reefs where hungry Walleye were congregated. On two evenings he guided us to reefs where the walleye go on a feeding frenzy after the sun sets. On the first visit 2 of us caught 57 walleye in 60 mins and on the other evening 3 of us caught 75 in one hour. For our 2019 trip we all caught more Walleye then we have caught in the past 12 years combined Lake Wabigoon is a huge lake and if you do not know it, it will be well worth your time to hire a guide such as Simon. – Paul
- Outstanding week of fishing at Indian Point Camp!
This is my fourth trip with our group and our first time spending it at IPC!
The owners Nigel and Jenn were so friendly and accommodating. It was such a family atmosphere with their whole family involved.
The cabins were clean, and just great. They have a general store, and a lodge area to watch TV, snack, and just hang out complete with coffee, or other drinks.
Tuesday nights they have a fish fry for the entire camp free of charge!
The fishing was out of this world! We can’t wait to return next year.
- Fishing/Bear Hunt Camp was awesome. Nigel and Jenn were very welcoming and took the time to get to know us on our stay. Fishing was super and the bear hunts were successful. Simon is such a talent and was a blast to fish with. Indian Point was a perfect place to stay. Will be back for 2020!!! Maybe twice. Thanks